Free open source on-the-fly encryption software
TrueCrypt License Version 3.0
Software distributed under this license is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE AUTHORS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF THE SOFTWARE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY. ANYONE WHO USES, COPIES, MODIFIES, OR (RE)DISTRIBUTES ANY PART OF THE SOFTWARE IS, BY SUCH ACTION(S), ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, NOR (RE)DISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE, NOR ANY PART(S) THEREOF.
1. “This Product” means the work (including, but not limited to, source code, graphics, texts, and accompanying files) made available under and governed by this version of this license (“License”), as may be indicated by, but is not limited to, copyright notice(s) attached to or included in the work.
2. “You” means (and “Your” refers to) an individual or a legal entity (e.g., a non-profit organization, commercial organization, government agency, etc.) exercising permissions granted by this License.
3. “Modification” means (and “modify” refers to) any alteration of This Product, including, but not limited to, addition to or deletion from the substance or structure of This Product, translation into another language, repackaging, alteration or removal of any file included with This Product, and addition of any new files to This Product.
4. “Your Product” means This Product modified by You, or any work You derive from (or base on) any part of This Product. In addition, “Your Product” means any work in which You include any (modified or unmodified) portion of This Product. However, if the work in which you include it is an aggregate software distribution (such as an operating system distribution or a cover CD-ROM of a magazine) containing multiple separate products, then the term “Your Product” includes only those products (in the aggregate software distribution) that use, include, or depend on a modified or unmodified version of This Product (and the term “Your Product” does not include the whole aggregate software distribution). For the purposes of this License, a product suite consisting of two or more products is considered a single product (operating system distributions and cover media of magazines are not considered product suites).
5. “Distribution” means (and “distribute” refers to), regardless of means or methods, conveyance, transfer, providing, or making available of This/Your Product or portions thereof to third parties (including, but not limited to, making This/Your Product, or portions thereof, available for download to third parties, whether or not any third party has downloaded the product, or any portion thereof, made available for download).
II. Use, Copying, and Distribution of This Product
1. Provided that You comply with all applicable terms and conditions of this License, You may make copies of This Product (unmodified) and distribute copies of This Product (unmodified) that are not included in another product forming Your Product (except as permitted under Chapter III). Note: For terms and conditions for copying and distribution of modified versions of This Product, see Chapter III.
2. Provided that You comply with all applicable terms and conditions of this License, You may use This Product freely (see also Chapter III) on any number of computers/systems for non-commercial and/or commercial purposes.
III. Modification, Derivation, and Inclusion in Other Products
1. If all conditions specified in the following paragraphs in this Chapter (III) are met (for exceptions, see Section III.2) and if You comply with all other applicable terms and conditions of this License, You may modify This Product (thus forming Your Product), derive new works from This Product or portions thereof (thus forming Your Product), include This Product or portions thereof in another product (thus forming Your Product, unless defined otherwise in Chapter I), and You may use (for non-commercial and/or commercial purposes), copy, and/or distribute Your Product.
Portions of the source code of Your Product not contained in This Product (e.g., portions added by You in creating Your Product, whether created by You or by third parties) must be available under license(s) that (however, see also Subsection III.1.e) allow(s) anyone to modify and derive new works from the portions of the source code that are not contained in This Product and to use, copy, and redistribute such modifications and/or derivative works. The license(s) must be perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, no-charge, and worldwide, and must not invalidate, weaken, restrict, interpret, amend, modify, interfere with or otherwise affect any part, term, provision, or clause of this License. The text(s) of the license(s) must be included with every copy of Your Product that You make and distribute.
2. You are not obligated to comply with Subsection III.1.d if Your Product is not distributed (i.e., Your Product is available only to You).
IV. Disclaimer of Liability, Disclaimer of Warranty, Indemnification
You expressly acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY (CO)AUTHOR OF THIS PRODUCT, OR ANY APPLICABLE INTELLECTUAL-PROPERTY OWNER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY COPY AND/OR (RE)DISTRIBUTE THIS PRODUCT OR PORTIONS THEREOF, AS MAY BE PERMITTED HEREIN, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, ANY LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES, A FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, COPYING, MODIFICATION, OR (RE)DISTRIBUTION OF THIS PRODUCT (OR A PORTION THEREOF) OR OF YOUR PRODUCT (OR A PORTION THEREOF), OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT (OR A PORTION THEREOF), EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES (OR THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARE/WERE PREDICTABLE OR KNOWN TO ANY (CO)AUTHOR, INTELLECTUAL-PROPERTY OWNER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY.
2. THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS PRODUCT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THIS PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
3. THIS PRODUCT MAY INCORPORATE IMPLEMENTATIONS OF CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALGORITHMS THAT ARE REGULATED (E.G., SUBJECT TO EXPORT/IMPORT CONTROL REGULATIONS) OR ILLEGAL IN SOME COUNTRIES. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THAT IT IS LEGAL TO IMPORT AND/OR (RE)EXPORT AND/OR USE THIS PRODUCT (OR PORTIONS THEREOF) IN COUNTRIES WHERE YOU INTEND TO USE IT AND/OR TO WHICH YOU INTEND TO IMPORT IT AND/OR FROM WHICH YOU INTEND TO EXPORT IT, AND IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH ANY APPLICABLE REGULATIONS, RESTRICTIONS, AND LAWS.
4. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD ALL (CO)AUTHORS OF THIS PRODUCT, AND APPLICABLE INTELLECTUAL-PROPERTY OWNERS, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS, PENALTIES, FINES, COSTS, EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES), DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND SUITS, DIRECTLY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE, INABILITY TO USE, COPYING, (RE)DISTRIBUTION, IMPORT AND/OR (RE)EXPORT OF THIS PRODUCT (OR PORTIONS THEREOF) AND/OR YOUR BREACH OF ANY TERM OF THIS LICENSE.
This License does not grant permission to use trademarks associated with (or applying to) This Product, except for fair use as defined by applicable law and except for use expressly permitted or required by this License. Any attempt otherwise to use trademarks associated with (or applying to) This Product automatically and immediately terminates Your rights under This License and may constitute trademark infringement (which may be prosecuted).
VI. General Terms and Conditions, Miscellaneous Provisions
1. ANYONE WHO USES AND/OR COPIES AND/OR MODIFIES AND/OR CREATES DERIVATIVE WORKS OF AND/OR (RE)DISTRIBUTES THIS PRODUCT, OR ANY PORTION(S) THEREOF, IS, BY SUCH ACTION(S), AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY AND ACCEPTING ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE (AND THE RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE). IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT (AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY) ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, NOR (RE)DISTRIBUTE THIS PRODUCT, NOR ANY PORTION(S) THEREOF.
2. YOU MAY NOT USE, MODIFY, COPY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, (RE)DISTRIBUTE, OR SUBLICENSE THIS PRODUCT, OR PORTION(S) THEREOF, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS LICENSE (EVEN IF APPLICABLE LAW GIVES YOU MORE RIGHTS). ANY ATTEMPT (EVEN IF PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW) OTHERWISE TO USE, MODIFY, COPY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, (RE)DISTRIBUTE, OR SUBLICENSE THIS PRODUCT, OR PORTION(S) THEREOF, AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY TERMINATES YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS LICENSE AND CAN CONSTITUTE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (WHICH MAY BE PROSECUTED). ANY CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE ARE ALSO LIMITATIONS ON THE SCOPE OF THIS LICENSE AND ALSO DEFINE THE SCOPE OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS LICENSE. YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM ANY APPLICABLE OBLIGATION IMPOSED BY THIS LICENSE AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY TERMINATES YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS LICENSE AND CAN CAUSE OR BE CONSIDERED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (WHICH MAY BE PROSECUTED). NOTHING IN THIS LICENSE SHALL IMPLY OR BE CONSTRUED AS A PROMISE, OBLIGATION, OR COVENANT NOT TO SUE FOR COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE.
3. This License does not constitute or imply a waiver of any intellectual property rights except as may be otherwise expressly provided in this License. This License does not transfer, assign, or convey any intellectual property rights (e.g., it does not transfer ownership of copyrights or trademarks).
4. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, You may allow a third party to use Your copy of This Product (or a copy that You make and distribute, or Your Product) provided that the third party explicitly accepts and agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions of this License and the third party is not prohibited from using This Product (or portions thereof) by this License (see, e.g., Section VI.7) or by applicable law. However, You are not obligated to ensure that the third party accepts (and agrees to be bound by all terms of) this License if You distribute only the self-extracting package (containing This Product) that does not allow the user to install (nor extract) the files contained in the package until he or she accepts and agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions of this License.
5. Without specific prior written permission from the authors of This Product (or from their common representative), You must not use the name of This Product, the names of the authors of This Product, or the names of the legal entities (or informal groups) of which the authors were/are members/employees, to endorse or promote Your Product or any work in which You include a modified or unmodified version of This Product, or to endorse or promote You or Your affiliates, or in a way that might suggest that Your Product (or any work in which You include a modified or unmodified version of This Product), You, or Your affiliates is/are endorsed by one or more authors of This Product, or in a way that might suggest that one or more authors of This Product is/are affiliated with You (or Your affiliates) or directly participated in the creation of Your Product or of any work in which You include a modified or unmodified version of This Product.
6. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER YOU UNDERSTAND ALL PARTS OF THIS LICENSE OR IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER YOU CAN COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE, YOU MUST NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, NOR (RE)DISTRIBUTE THIS PRODUCT, NOR ANY PORTION(S) OF IT. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH A LAWYER.
7. IF (IN RELEVANT CONTEXT) ANY PROVISION OF CHAPTER IV OF THIS LICENSE IS UNENFORCEABLE, INVALID, OR PROHIBITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THIS LICENSE AND YOU MUST NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, NOR (RE)DISTRIBUTE THIS PRODUCT, NOR ANY PORTION(S) THEREOF.
8. Except as otherwise provided in this License, if any provision of this License, or a portion thereof, is found to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this License, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be construed to reflect the original intent of the provision and shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law so as to effect the original intent of the provision as closely as possible.
This Product contains components that were created by third parties and that are governed by third-party licenses, which are contained hereinafter (separated by lines consisting of underscores). Each of the third-party licenses applies only to (portions of) the source code file(s) in which the third-party license is contained or in which it is explicitly referenced, and to compiled or otherwise processed forms of such source code. None of the third-party licenses applies to This Product as a whole, even when it uses terms such as “product”, “program”, or any other equivalent terms/phrases. This Product as a whole is governed by the TrueCrypt License (see above). Some of the third-party components have been modified by the authors of This Product. Unless otherwise stated, such modifications and additions are governed by the TrueCrypt License (see above). Note: Unless otherwise stated, graphics and files that are not part of the source code are governed by the TrueCrypt License.
License agreement for Encryption for the Masses.
Copyright (C) 1998-2000 Paul Le Roux. All Rights Reserved.
This product can be copied and distributed free of charge, including source code.
You may modify this product and source code, and distribute such modifications, and you may derive new works based on this product, provided that:
1. Any product which is simply derived from this product cannot be called E4M, or Encryption for the Masses.
2. If you use any of the source code in your product, and your product is distributed with source code, you must include this notice with those portions of this source code that you use.
If your product is distributed in binary form only, you must display on any packaging, and marketing materials which reference your product, a notice which states:
“This product uses components written by Paul Le Roux <email@example.com>”
3. If you use any of the source code originally by Eric Young, you must in addition follow his terms and conditions.
4. Nothing requires that you accept this License, as you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the product or its derivative works.
These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License.
5. If any of these license terms is found to be to broad in scope, and declared invalid by any court or legal process, you agree that all other terms shall not be so affected, and shall remain valid and enforceable.
6. THIS PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED FREE OF CHARGE, THEREFORE THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
7. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Copyright (c) 1998-2008, Brian Gladman, Worcester, UK. All rights reserved.
The free distribution and use of this software is allowed (with or without changes) provided that:
This software is provided ‘as is’ with no explicit or implied warranties in respect of its properties, including, but not limited to, correctness and/or fitness for purpose.
Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Mark Adler, all rights reserved
version 1.8, 9 Jan 2004
This software is provided ‘as-is’, without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions: